ETL Platform Conversion
The automated way to QUICKLY convert between ETL platforms
About ETL Platform Conversion
Migrating from one ETL tool to another presents significant challenges to an IT organization. The success of the migration process largely depends on how the team plans for and approaches the project. This program is designed to help organizations answer questions like: what is the level of complexity, time, costs and expected ROI from a conversion.
Organizations typically rely on 100% manual conversion that consumes significant time and labor costs when migrating from their legacy ETL tool to another platform.
The typical conversion project using a resource-driven approach looks something like this:
- Bring in legacy ETL developers for analysis and documentation of legacy ETL mappings.
- Document the ETL jobs using MS Excel templates.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build phased conversion plan
- Bring in new ETL developers and begin “rewriting” the ETL Jobs
AnalytiX DS provides a software driven Automated Complexity Assessment of the ETL mappings to be converted allowing organizations to become aware of the ETL Mapping complexities without all the manual effort. Because the assessment is “software driven” it is accurate, consistent, repeatable, and fast and can be run across all Application areas and tell jobs or a ‘subset” of jobs. This assessment is extremely useful for ETL conversion project teams to gain awareness of the ETL inventory complexities, costs and risks associated with large scale conversions. The AnalytiX DS Automated Complexity Assessment empowers organizations to take advantage of a quick breakdown of their Software Complexity, Design Patterns, Components, and Transformations.
Upon completion of the Automated Complexity Assessment the following artifacts will be delivered:
- Complexity Assessment Summary Dashboard
- Detail Mapping Stratification Report showing distinct job counts and transformation components
- Mapping Design Patterns Report to accelerate conversion using AnalytiX DS – LiteSpeed Conversion Platform
- Costs Options to evaluate to complete the conversion
- Optionally, a Phased Conversion Plan and Recommendation based on Customer objectives, requirements and priorities and job complexities.
- Optionally, a ROI or Business Case to support costs analysis
ETL Platform Conversion brings out-of-box features that offer incredible value to any data management organization. Key Features of ETL Platform Conversion
The CATfX enables developers to leverage the SDK scripting languages and a set of published libraries by AnalytiX DS (APIs Web services) to create Code Automation Templates (CAT's) which serve as blueprints to automate common and routine tasks such as generate DDL, ETL Jobs, Big Data, Test SQL and much more to accelerate delivery.
CATfX uses Code Automation Templates (CAT's) to abstract away the low-level complexity of common or routine integration tasks. This means any novice or subject matter expert can “quickly and easily” generate comprehensive code measured in minutes - NOT Days, Weeks or Months.